It was the day of the engagement. We all got up early and had a quick breakfast. We were so thankful that the ceremony was held in the evening. It was a nice and sunny day. Thanks to the Almighty! It didn’t rain on that day. We were keeping our fingers crossed till the day of the engagement and were so happy when the weather turned pleasant.
In the morning, mom and dad were busy with the preparations. In the afternoon, we had lunch and rested for a while. Then, we started getting ready for the ceremony. S was looking handsome in the clothes which dad gifted him. Dad was also looking good in the clothes that S and I gifted him. And, the star of the show was mom. She wore a dark-red saree that we bought for her. She was glowing and looking lovely. The moment she got ready and saw herself in the mirror, she exclaimed, “This saree is looking really good!” Yeah, that’s my mom! In the meantime, my sisters got ready and they were also looking really pretty. I wore a golden ghaghra which S had selected for me. I was feeling really confident after wearing it. It was so manageable and nice.
After getting ready, mom, dad and S left for the place where the ceremony was held. My two sisters and I went later in the car. When we reached the venue, we walked inside together. Our relatives waited outside the hall to greet us. I met all of my uncles and my grand-father after a long time. My sister walked the aisle towards the podium. It was a moment of happiness. Soon, she was going to get engaged to the person she loves and I got a bit emotional.
There were a few lovely moments which can never be forgotten –
1. I and my second sister accompanied N (my first sister) to the dressing room after N was gifted the clothes and jewellery by her would-be in-laws. She looked really beautiful when she wore the ghaghra and the jewellery. I was a bit emotional that moment. My little sister was entering a new phase of life. I prayed silently and wore a smile over my face throughout the occasion.
2. Everyone loved mom’s saree and she received so many compliments. Mom was so happy and we were even happier.
3. My little cousin (my last maternal aunt’s 2 month old kid) also wore the clothes that we gifted him. He was looking super-cute. It was the first function he attended and he slept a lot during the proceedings 😀 After he woke up, he started crying a lot. Nobody was able to console him. S took him in his palms and tried to console him for a while. To everyone’s surprise, he finally stopped crying and started smiling cutely. My aunt and my cousins narrated this to me and told me that it was a magical moment. I was so proud of S 🙂
4. S spent some nice time with my grandmas(maternal and paternal). He sat with them and chatted while I was with my sisters. S often says that he was unfortunate as he could never see his grand-parents. When he told me that he enjoyed the company of my grandmas, I was so happy 🙂
5. My best friend attended the ceremony with her kid. It was so nice seeing her after a long time. She met S for the first time as she couldn’t attend our reception and I was glad.
6. My brother-in-law’s mother came and hugged me the moment I entered the hall. I was so emotional after meeting her. I must say that she is a lovely person.
7. N and my brother-in-law exchanged rings and there was a cake cutting after that. It was a happy moment! 🙂
8. S and I had dinner with sisters, brother-in-law and his parents. My maternal aunts and their families also joined us. It was a lovely dinner. The food was very delicious too.
Overall, the event was well-organised and turned out to be a great hit. Unexpectedly, the head count exceeded the estimation. But, arrangements for food were taken care of. At the end of the ceremony, we all were very happy 🙂 🙂